Thursday, August 6, 2009

When to drop the H-Bomb:

when trying to get through a box full of pvc pipes through Kenyan customs. VertiGrow was held up all this time because Kenya thinks I am sketchy, and that I should be taxed for it.

I argued with three or four different customs officials until they led me to the boss man. Sat down at his desk. He asked for my passport. It was conveniently with the security guard downstairs. I slid him the Harvard ID. Magic.

VertiGrow is sitting safely in my room. I had an amazing day in Kibera with a few community partners, who started conversations with residents, shared the idea, and opened the opportunity for people to ask questions and give feedback. It's nice to finally start laying the groundwork for the project! The video is so that you can see what we're up to, instead of reading what I write about it!


No comments:

Post a Comment